Ingredients For Broiled Herb Chicken:
- 2 [2-pound / 1-kg each] chickens, halved lengthwise
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] dried basil
Directions For The Dish:
Preheat oven broiler at medium heat.
Rub chicken halves all over with garlic halves, then with salt and pepper.
Throw away garlic halves; reserve chicken halves.
Heat together butter and olive oil into a small saucepan over medium heat.
Away from heat, stir in lemon juice, freshly chopped parsley and freshly chopped basil or dried basil.
Using a pastry brush, coat chicken halves with herb butter mixture.
Arrange chicken halves, skin side down, onto broiler rack.
Broil for 7 to 10 minutes on each side, coating often with herb butters mixture.
After 15 minutes, check for doneness by piercing a thigh with a skewer; juices should be clear.
Remove done chicken from broiler.
Using tonges, transfer chicken pieces to a warm serving plate.
Coat with remaining butter herbs mixture.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Roma Pizza & Pasta.