Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] olive oil
- 1 pound [454 g] slices of chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] minced shallots
- 1 ‘bouquet garni’ [1 bay leaf, 1 bunch of parsley sprigs and some thyme]
- 16 ounces [500 mL] Italian beer
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] savory
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly minced parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] melted butter
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] 35% or 15% cream
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups [500 mL] cooked mushrooms
Into a large casserole, heat olive oil until hot; brown chicken drumsticks for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
Add minced shallots, bouquet garni and pour in Italian beer; leave to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
Remove chicken drumsticks from casserole.
Pour in chicken broth; add savory, freshly chopped rosemary and freshly minced parsley.
Salt and pepper; cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, over low heat.
Mix together melted butter and flour; stirring, thicken sauce with mixture.
Just before serving, blend in cream then mix in drained artichoke hearts and cooked mushrooms.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Roma Pizza & Pasta.