Ingredients For The Dish:
- 750 grams of tortellini (twist pasta)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 14 grams of butter
- 4 small onion, minced
- 250 grams of ham, finely sliced
- 250 grams of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) of chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) of thick cream
- freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta in plenty of water with salt. Drain and keep hot.
Sauce: In a pan at medium heat melt the butter. Sauté the onions, ham and mushrooms for 4-5 or until the mushrooms soften.
Pour the broth, cream and season with the black pepper. Lower the heat and let it thicken for 6-8 minutes.
Serve the sauce over the hot pasta; mix and add the parmesan cheese if you prefer.
When the word boscaiola appeared next to an Italian dish, it means that the dish contains mushrooms in any form.
Try making this creamy mushroom sauce with other types of pasta like penne noodle and spaghetti.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Roma Pizza & Pasta.